So much happens in 10 years! It's ...wow, I don't know how to describe it! Where were you 10 years ago? I was an 8 year old girl, living in Benicia, California. My dad didn't even stay up to great the year 2000. I tied balloons onto our main light in the living room and celebrated with mi madre y mi perro. (Tu hablas espanol? si?!) Kinda weird to think about it all. What's happened to me in the last decade? In the last year? A lot. One lesson I did learn this decade:
-I learned that, yes, the past is part of who I am. But you can't live in it. Because then you're living in a lie. For the past is gone and everything and everyone is continually changing. To try and live in the past, is lying to yourself.
--Year--
What's changed in a year? Everything. Too much to describe that wouldn't make sense.
-------------------
Now the future lies ahead, and I can't wait for it's a beautiful future! And I'm excited to go out there and seize the day! I'm trying to slowly get better at that, one day at a time!
One thing I'll try to work on this decade/year:
-Understand. Believe. Pray. Learn. and never forget to Laugh! Enjoy the journey!
Now when I was making the list of events that make up my life or things that happened to me... I realized that many of the things don't matter. They help make me who I am, certainly, but they don't define me. What a liberating thought. What will you allow to define you?
Happy New Years! May your future be brighter than the lightbulb by which I'm typing this by!
Love and best wishes, Elibeth :)
-I learned that, yes, the past is part of who I am. But you can't live in it. Because then you're living in a lie. For the past is gone and everything and everyone is continually changing. To try and live in the past, is lying to yourself.
--Year--
What's changed in a year? Everything. Too much to describe that wouldn't make sense.
-------------------
Now the future lies ahead, and I can't wait for it's a beautiful future! And I'm excited to go out there and seize the day! I'm trying to slowly get better at that, one day at a time!
One thing I'll try to work on this decade/year:
-Understand. Believe. Pray. Learn. and never forget to Laugh! Enjoy the journey!
Now when I was making the list of events that make up my life or things that happened to me... I realized that many of the things don't matter. They help make me who I am, certainly, but they don't define me. What a liberating thought. What will you allow to define you?
Happy New Years! May your future be brighter than the lightbulb by which I'm typing this by!
Love and best wishes, Elibeth :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment