Do you ever wonder if
there’s more keys in a piano
or more strings to a guitar
more colors of the rainbow
or more names of a single star?
Do you ever dream
of living life
or being free
pretending to fly
instead of watching it all pass by?
Do you ever live
like no one’s around
like every moment is all that you have
like you will always rebound?
Do you ever feel
like there’s just today
like there’s no tomorrow
or who cares about yesterday?
Do you ever cry
because you’ve felt the pain
lost the only moment
or do you ever feel like you’ll go insane?
Do ever listen
to hear the patter of rain
the joining of hearts
or the desolation from one day?
Do you ever see
like you’ve never seen before
everything for what it is
or do you just see a closing door?
Do you ever wonder if
there’s more keys in a piano
or more strings to a guitar
more colors of the rainbow
or more names of a single star?
--
Okay 1st off, credit goes 100% to Haley for the line about more keys to piano. I was wondering out loud if there were more colors to a rainbow that we didn't have and Haley was wondering if there were more keys to a piano, so I don't even know where this came from. I was thinking about what I just stated and then the first paragraph came all of the sudden and I kind of threw the rest in there to make it an official poem...although I'm not very good at it at all. Sorry :P
Now my short relation to this poem, of living, dreaming, seeing... sometimes I dream of becoming a glass blower, It's something that amazes me and something I'd love to attempt. Sometimes I see life through a writer's lens. Sometimes I dream of ugly prom dresses and multi-colored bananas. Sometimes I wish I could do nothing but listen all day, to music, to people. Sometimes I pretend I'm real and alive. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I wish this was all over, and sometimes I can't wait to live for tomorrow....
there’s more keys in a piano
or more strings to a guitar
more colors of the rainbow
or more names of a single star?
Do you ever dream
of living life
or being free
pretending to fly
instead of watching it all pass by?
Do you ever live
like no one’s around
like every moment is all that you have
like you will always rebound?
Do you ever feel
like there’s just today
like there’s no tomorrow
or who cares about yesterday?
Do you ever cry
because you’ve felt the pain
lost the only moment
or do you ever feel like you’ll go insane?
Do ever listen
to hear the patter of rain
the joining of hearts
or the desolation from one day?
Do you ever see
like you’ve never seen before
everything for what it is
or do you just see a closing door?
Do you ever wonder if
there’s more keys in a piano
or more strings to a guitar
more colors of the rainbow
or more names of a single star?
--
Okay 1st off, credit goes 100% to Haley for the line about more keys to piano. I was wondering out loud if there were more colors to a rainbow that we didn't have and Haley was wondering if there were more keys to a piano, so I don't even know where this came from. I was thinking about what I just stated and then the first paragraph came all of the sudden and I kind of threw the rest in there to make it an official poem...although I'm not very good at it at all. Sorry :P
Now my short relation to this poem, of living, dreaming, seeing... sometimes I dream of becoming a glass blower, It's something that amazes me and something I'd love to attempt. Sometimes I see life through a writer's lens. Sometimes I dream of ugly prom dresses and multi-colored bananas. Sometimes I wish I could do nothing but listen all day, to music, to people. Sometimes I pretend I'm real and alive. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I wish this was all over, and sometimes I can't wait to live for tomorrow....

7 comments:
I just got a great idea! Why AREN'T there more keys to a piano? When I make a piano someday, I'm going to add one great big key right between the middle C and the C# keys, and it will be blue, and the sound will be dreadfully out of tune. Then I'll pleasantly ask people to play a piece for me at my house. *giggle* (I hereby giggle...which is much easier to write than actually do. Men can't ACTUALLY giggle, they chortle).
As for that rainbow, I'm colorblind. There seems to me to be a wonderful gap between the red and the greenish-blue. I get the impression that there IS in fact a color there, I'm just not sure what it could be. I think you are onto something with your poem. ;)
It's true, guys chortle I believe and girls giggle....usually O.o
Haha, but really, I bet someday we'll find out there are more colors than what we have now and maybe more keys on a piano that don't sound dreadful and more strings to an instrument ;) thanks
Denver...you're not really color blind, are you? Haley wouldn't tell me and so I'm assuming that I should believe the opposite of whatever you're telling me. So I am assuming you're not colorblind. Therefore I can say "bahaha!" to that comment. ...I hope
Heaven forbid you saying "bahaha!"
If there's one subject that I am sensitive about, it's my colorblindness! But if you must know, I am actually...kkkckcc (static)...sorry...cutting...out...*click*
Ba! Sorry I'm just going to have to believe the opposite of what you tell me thus I must deduce...that...hmmm
Dang you're good! This is beautiful! You should get it published. :)
I really shouldn't, you need to hear Denver's poems, he's AMAZING! But thanks Breanna!! <3
Post a Comment