Reflections of Christ

So the other day I found out that the man who did the photos of Reflections of Christ came out with a sequel, Reflections of Christ Another Testament. It's so beautiful. I immediately went to Deseret Book the next day, the images are powerful and touching, but I found it more so after reading the foreword in the book. I hope one day that I can be able to do something with my talents that's equally as beautiful, even if I am never published. This guy is an amazing inspiration, so I thought I'd share! The gospel is truly amazing, there's so much to learn, and it's so wonderful. This man, Mark, who created these books did an incredible thing to spread the message and the feelings the gospel brings to our lives, I hope you can all see that as you watch this, enjoy! <3




Okay now from this point on I'm thinking will be random spiritual ramblings, I know everyone loves those things!
Soooo hmmm first on my mind that keeps popping up again and again randomly is the thought that we are literally already seeing the story of the ten virgins coming about, with the literal comparison that half will fall away or won't be ready. Kinda scary thought.

Questions that I don't think we have the answers to, but. Have you ever wondered what animal spirits are? Like is there any point if there's no room for progression. Just...what is it? or what are they? I should say. Interesting thought anyways...

We can't stand for God without offending the devil. Don't try to tiptoe around Satan, you cannot serve two masters. Interesting thought. You have to either fight one way or the other, not just stand idly on the side. If you're not for Christ, you're against him.

This is in response to the foreword that was at the beginning of the book Reflections of Christ, another testament. What were the things that Christ told the people and prayed for the people that were too sacred to write? That's pretty incredible if you ask me, because imagine how sacred that must be. There are already some pretty sacred experiences in the scriptures that are written. What did the children speak of when they were filled with the spirit and taught the people such amazing things?

Imagine how you feel when you have a friend who says they're your friend and they act like when it's convenient, but when it's not then they'll talk about you behind your back, or disown you. Imagine how Christ feels when we do such things. They draw near me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. I know it doesn't exactly make me happy when I deal with friends like this, how does Christ feel when we do the same thing to him? When he's good enough to call us his friends...

I really liked the fireside on Sunday, especially what was said about questions. The church does encourage us to question. As President Uchtdorf said, questions can strengthen our testimonies instead of shaking them. I've reached the point in my life where I'm questioning absolutely everything I believe in. Everything. And not asking "why", because I already know the answers to "why" but do I believe them? Do I truly believe it? Do I love it? Do I learn it? Am I willing to live it?

Are we selling ourselves short? Are we giving up our birthright for something so stupid and temporal like Esau?
Am I really so busy that I can't go for a few hours a week to serve others in the temple?
I may not be able to change the world or convert everyone, but I can change one person, I can spread the message to one person. I love the starfish story that was shared in church a few weeks ago to portray this, it's fabulous!

Institute is amazing. I feel so bad for the people who hear me say this all the time, but I can't say it enough. I love Institute. I love it, I love it, I love it!!! It's the best because I learn so MUCH! It just makes me smile! Also things that make me smile: my three best, and most wonderful, beautiful friends! Who thought I could be so lucky to have not one, but three best friends that I do believe are forever. Other things that me smile: Dancing in the car and waving at cops when you drive by and laughing as they watch you, thinking you're on something. Lilo and Stitch! It makes me smile just thinking about it! Watch it now! It's SO funny! :D Reflections of Christ. Church. Sheep. Alfalfa/Alpaca. Fuzzy things! Crying. Quotes. Snuggling with your warm pillows in the morning. Hugs. Clouds. The sun! Sunsets! Not sunrise though, because I shouldn't be up that early to witness it.
The end! Hmm well it wasn't all spiritual ramblings, but long enough! <3

---

One more additional spiritual rambling (several weeks later addition, Dec 2) ...so I saw that this guy that was excommunicated because of these calendars that he made up of photos taken of mormon moms in skanky outfits and RM's posing with their shirts off... And I was just kind of thinking about what a contrast it is. Here's one guy who's graduated from BYU, served a mission and he's taking photos that are slutty. Another guy, graduated from Brooks Institute and look at the amazing things he did with his photography talent! He made Reflections of Christ!!!!! Here I thought at one time of going to Brooks Institute but I thought that I should go to BYU because I want to be careful how I use my talent, I don't want to have to cross lines or end up lowering standards so that nudity becomes art for me. I don't want that. So I thought that I had to go to BYU...but really schools don't determine necessarily what you become. But it just made me think, how incredibly be different these two men used their talents for art...intersante! The end!

2 comments:

Z said...

Don't let Reed (from my comments) get to you. Or make you angry. Or intimidate you or anything. He's fairly educated and not exactly bashful in his beliefs. I'd encourage you to debate things with him though. I get a kick out of it ;)

Nice presentation BTW. That was. . . ironic that you went right after the pro-socialized medicine presentation.

Sorry, I'm leaving this here because you don't have any links to send you a message. Anyway, cheers.

Reed Winters

Mrs. Darcy said...

Don't worry, I try to have patience. Haha, I'm not much of a debater... I often find that I'm swayed to easily on some of my opinions, others I'm too stubborn. I don't think I can compete, I'm a freshman in college, who's questioning the world, but heck, perhaps for your entertainment ;) haha

It was a horrible presentation, but thanks. I figured after years of performing for critics my stage fright would be gone, but apparently not *epic fail* I thought it was ironic too, it made me a heck of a lot more nervous...

You don't have to apologize, you're welcome to comment anywhere, I don't mind :)
Happy holidays :D

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here