Folkfest=AWESOME!!!

So basically the folkfest ...was AMAZING! If you didn't go this year, you must go next year it's so ridiculously kool. 

So for this blog entry I'm basically going to rant about how cool all the dancers were and put up like 100 pix. 

So really you can just look at the pictures from this point on :) enjoy! 

Okay so the Mexican Dancers were probably my FAVORITE
EVER! Their skirts were like the most amazing thing I've ever seen!! As Haley puts it, "I've never seen so many twirls in one 
skirt!" I must say that I have to agree. I want one of those dresses so badly! They seriously rock my world!!!!
Then it was ridiculously cute when they had the guys with their big, awesome sombreros and they turned and hid underneath them like they were kissing! AWWW! 
Adorable (you have to say adorable in spanish, it's much, much better!)
But what I loved most about
 the dancers is they were smiling the whole time! They were just so happy to be there, and you could tell! Everyone (well almost everyone), was smiling so much it just makes you happy! I love it!

So there was one part during the dance where the guys would slap their sombreros against the stage floor and one guy hit his 
hat so hard the the center..middle of the hat, you know what I'm talking about, came out and he was just holding the brim.

 And there were more than a few hats that were already ripping! I guess that's how you show off your ridiculous manly strength in Mexico. You hit your hat against the ground until it rips! 



Now these dancers are from China I do believe...or South Korea, I'm too lazy to look it up. I think this picture to the left says perfectly. "I'm feeling flirtatious, come hither." If you do not recognize that quote then you need to go watch the Princess Dairies....1 or 2 I don't remember which...I'm pretty sure it's
number 2. Anyways, these little girls were so talented! And their fans were so kool!

And I know that everyone who sees these pictures will be so jealous of 
their hats. Don't deny it!
Also the skirts. I would've loved to have a skirt like this when I was little and spin around for hours!!! 

TA-DA!

Later on they had an encore performance, so I think it was these same girls...I dunno, but some group from
 either korea or china had an encore performance and they are the girls in gold. Wait no, I got it! The girls in gold and the girls with the cowboy hats are from...China and then the girls with the fans are from Korea. yeah that's it...

Okay so I  believe Polynesian men
 ...are awesome because they are willing to wear grass skirts. I don't think you'll find very many men in America who are willing to do that, therefore they rock and they are working those
 grass skirts! haha!

 
After the Hula dancers and such they had a fire dancer come out and perform! Can you say AWESOME! 
(I know I need to get some new vocab words!) But seriously, it was so ..incredible. He put the fire on his feet and threw it up in the air and stuff. 



Next up we have the cloggers from the exotic...Orem, Utah!!!
They were so amazing (yes I'm sure you will get sick of me saying that so many times!) It was so cute though because at the end of the performance they brought out this little girl and she started clogging and then an even littler boy (shown in pic) and it was sooo precious!!! Yay for small children!

There were also these amazingly buff Polish people there. You wouldn't think they were so strong...but hey I think the same thing of most guys and they always, always surprise me. 
They did some pretty incredible stuff as you can hopefully tell by these pictures ;) I hope you're impressed cause I sure am.

Okay now, here we have the Belgians, and despite the fact that I have other pictures that are better than this one, this guys expression when he catches his flag is priceless, so you can just pic the rest of the performance, kay!



My other favorite dancers were the Native Americans. Let me just state right now...I LOVE Native Americans! Their culture and everything about them is amazing and incredible! Plus I just love brown skin, it's so pretty!

 Then there was this cute little boy up there who was..it seemed forced to stand up there next to one of the guys doing the Hoop Dance...he didn't look to happy. You can just tell from his expression. Exhibit A:


Anyways, the Hoop Dance was spectacular, I think I'm gonna have to marry that guy, he's so incredible. I wonder how long it took him to be able to do that dance so well? It would take me a lifetime...actually I don't think I would have the patience for it. I would probably quit after a year, haha! Honestly though, look at this pic on the left! I wouldn't be able to do that while just plain standing. Yet he's doing it while dancing!!! I think he should win a prize! 

Okay and that's all folks. I know I didn't get pictures of all the people I would like to, but I simply can't post anymore, I'm done! Hope you enjoyed the show! For better pictures of a few of the dancers you can look at my online photography gallery at: http://sweetartluver.deviantart.com/gallery/ 
as always, all pic are property of Elizabeth Korman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here