These are a few of my favorite things




The Ocean.

Fog filling the gaps in 

between 

trees in an already dense forest.

The ecstatic leap of a dolphin,

the coziness of snuggling with a bunny,

the fun of playing with a dog,

and the enjoyment of stroking a chinchilla's plush fur.

Laughing with friends.

Smiling with children, who aren't too old or too 

young to cry once

 they're separated from their

 mother for 5 seconds.

A lake filled with sun, 

and overshadowed by a border of trees.

Temples sparkling in the last rays 

of a fading sun.

Light shining through the clouds

 from heaven.

Cookies baking in the oven, knowing they will soon be shared 

with those you love.


Baby animals learning to walk, swim or even fly.

The flicker of flames consuming it's meal.

Staying up late to talk to a friend as you both slowly fall asleep.

The sheen of a rock dove's wings under a San Francisco sun.

Palm tree leaves rustling in the cool bay breeze.

A sunset that seems bright enough to catch the sky on fire.

The wonderful contentment after reading a book with a happy ending.

The soothing sound of a mourning dove cooing as you rock to sleep.

Butterflies of every color.

Music that fills your soul and lungs.

A rose at the peak of its bloom.

Snow elaborating a simple branch,

 turning it into a pristine

 masterpiece.

Laughing at an inside joke.

Sunlight illuminating the petals of a flower.

Drops of rain creating masterpieces out of 

flowers, leaves and even grass.

Vultures circling around, calling you to home.

And thunder rippling through the house, 

reminding you how insignificant you really are.


Fireworks celebrating freedom.

Smiling with simple joy for pure beauty of all we've 

been given.


--
All photos property of Elizabeth
 Korman ;)

Disclaimer: I actually hated this song -these are a few of my favorite things- and actually I might still hate it. Bad memories from piano lessons...


6 comments:

Breanna said...

This is wonderful! I LOVE cookies too! :)

Mrs. Darcy said...

haha! We should have a cookie party Breanna! What's your fav kind of cookie?

Haley said...

Ooh, ooh! Can I volunteer?

Mine's peanut butter. Or any kind of mint. Chocolate chip is good too...

I can't decide! (good thing you asked Breanna, right? ;D)

Elizabeth, now we both know who the TRUE writer is.
You have a talent for words! Do you write poetry, darling? If not, you schould definately consider it!!

PS I'm so thankful that you are my friend!!!

Mrs. Darcy said...

hahahaha Peanut butter cookies! I'm not laughing at your choice, I just have a strange association with pb cookies, I'll have to tell you the story some time! So every time I hear or read about pb cookies I have to laugh!

You know what's delicioso!? M&M cookies! They're my fav!!!!! *dies*

Whatever, you are like a ten time better writer than me.

And yes I have written some poetry...it's not very good though. But whatever, you are totally a poet!!!
P.S. I'm thankful you're mine!!! teehee!

Denver said...

Wow! This is neat, Elizabeth!

I like hearing about some of the little things you love. These little things are some of the best things. These little moments are easy to miss, because, in just a second or two, they'll vanish altogether. It's too bad. I think so many people live without just pausing to think about it. Stresses and obligations keep them so busy, the little things don't seem important. So I'm glad you snatched some of those moments. It shows how grateful you are for the little blessings we have. I believe it is what keeps us so happy. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks :)

By the way, it sounded poetic ;)

Mrs. Darcy said...

Haha it wasn't supposed to poetic at first, it was just kind of a list of things I love :) But thanks, I really love to capture the little things in life, I only wish I could catch more. I'm so glad we have them to help us just love life a little more. Even after a nightmare of driving home late at night in like a foot of snow I remember loving how amazing the trees look after they're decorated with it! It's times like that that frustrate me though because I can't snap a picture of it! But oh well ;) There's no way I'd be able to capture all the little things I love, otherwise I'd need another computer just for all the pictures! :D

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here