Children + China

I think of my kids...not as often as before but from time to time. Going to China changed my life. Yeah, the travel, the experience of living somewhere so different, the culture...was awesome. It was absolutely incredible. But it wasn't the best part. The best part was being a part of these kids' lives.

 I went to the temple today as part of our ward temple night and came out to wait by myself for those who were doing a session and as I was waiting I was reading a book that quotes 3rd Nephi when Christ tells the people to Behold their children and I was thinking of the conference talk about this. Not just 'look' at your kids, but Behold! Behold them! And we're told constantly to become like a little child. Full of love...particularly sticks out to me.

 On my first day of teaching I was a little frazzled, having never taught little kids before, much different from playing with little kids. I was lining my class up and trying to keep them in control and sitting still on the bench. And one of the little boys, I later came to know was Tom (my favorite little boy), motioned with his finger for me to come towards me, saying "Teacha!" I came closer, and he motioned me forward even more, continually doing so until I was right next to him and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the cheek and then looking so sneakily pleased with himself! I love little kids.

As I was sitting there thinking about it a grandmother walked up to the fountain with I'm assuming, her grandson. He looked like he might have health problems or special needs of some sorts and he was so..incredibly happy and just smiling and so excited and talking about the fountain and the mountains and...wow..kids truly are a heritage of the Lord. They are so incredibly special and so close to the spirit.

 I'm so thankful for that semester I had to teach such small kids. Even though most of the time I didn't get amazing one liners from them, well maybe I did, they were just in Chinese, haha. But to see their love...and the way they forgive, even after someone had punched you in the face, 5 minutes later they could still be best friends. Yep, that's pretty amazing to me.

 The last thought I'll share on this is when I was at a friends house, helping her get her siblings to bed and we said prayers together and in his prayer, this little boy said, "Heavenly Father, please bless everyone that they can all go to the celestial kingdom." Kids..are pretty powerful if you ask me. They are so in tune and so thoughtful and so innocent and pure. I'm so grateful for little children, especially my kids in China, as bratty as they were at times, they were the best part of me being in that country, truly. Signing off.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I love your slide show, thank you. Thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here