I am proud you guys! The good kind! Last week I was able to catch up with a friend and we were talking about the people we used to be and she said "Elizabeth, I'm proud of who we are. Who we've become." And I thought about it and agreed. I had never thought of it in that way before she said that but I am. I'm proud of who I am, who I've become.
I started going back and skimming over the blog posts that I have on here and it really showed me how much I have changed in two years. I'm amazed, humbled and incredibly grateful but I am also proud. I'm proud of the person that I have become. I'm proud of my friends and who they've become. I'm proud because I CAN do hard things!
This last semester I've watched my closest friends struggle through difficult trials and I've pushed my way through my own and it brought us closer to each other but also closer to God. I am so proud of my friends though! I am so proud of how they've drawn nearer to God, relied on him and how it's strengthened their testimony and mine! I am proud of the good we do and the influence we are in the lives of people around us. Call me no bueno if you want for having pride, but I have it and I don't think it's the bad kind. I know that who I am now is all due to my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. My God has made me who I am today, into someone that I can have confidence in and into someone that can be a witness of him and someone who can be proud of themselves.
Lately I've been really reflecting on the power of one. So often one is seen as so small, it's an ignorable number, miniscule. But in reality...one is a very, very large number. One person restored the gospel of Jesus Christ (through Christ of course), one person compiled the Book of Mormon together, one person nailed 95 theses to the door of a church, objecting to certain practices, one man invented the printing press, one woman refused to give up her seat on the bus. One is a HUGE number! One person got me to go to the temple every week since graduating high school. One person encouraged me and supported me in our conversations every week, helping to shape who I am today. One person can make all of the difference. Think of the difference that one person has made in your life for the worse. Now, think of one person that has made the difference for good in your life. It is a huge impact that one person can make on your life.
It was also one person who went to the Garden of Gethsemane and to the cross on Calvary and atoned for my sins. One person.
I may be one person but I have a lot of power, for good. I'm thankful for the knowledge of who I am. I'm thankful for the trials that have molded me into who I am today. I know there is a reason for them. I know they have brought me closer to Christ and that it is through him and His Atonement that I am the person that stands here today.
I started going back and skimming over the blog posts that I have on here and it really showed me how much I have changed in two years. I'm amazed, humbled and incredibly grateful but I am also proud. I'm proud of the person that I have become. I'm proud of my friends and who they've become. I'm proud because I CAN do hard things!
This last semester I've watched my closest friends struggle through difficult trials and I've pushed my way through my own and it brought us closer to each other but also closer to God. I am so proud of my friends though! I am so proud of how they've drawn nearer to God, relied on him and how it's strengthened their testimony and mine! I am proud of the good we do and the influence we are in the lives of people around us. Call me no bueno if you want for having pride, but I have it and I don't think it's the bad kind. I know that who I am now is all due to my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. My God has made me who I am today, into someone that I can have confidence in and into someone that can be a witness of him and someone who can be proud of themselves.
Lately I've been really reflecting on the power of one. So often one is seen as so small, it's an ignorable number, miniscule. But in reality...one is a very, very large number. One person restored the gospel of Jesus Christ (through Christ of course), one person compiled the Book of Mormon together, one person nailed 95 theses to the door of a church, objecting to certain practices, one man invented the printing press, one woman refused to give up her seat on the bus. One is a HUGE number! One person got me to go to the temple every week since graduating high school. One person encouraged me and supported me in our conversations every week, helping to shape who I am today. One person can make all of the difference. Think of the difference that one person has made in your life for the worse. Now, think of one person that has made the difference for good in your life. It is a huge impact that one person can make on your life.
It was also one person who went to the Garden of Gethsemane and to the cross on Calvary and atoned for my sins. One person.
I may be one person but I have a lot of power, for good. I'm thankful for the knowledge of who I am. I'm thankful for the trials that have molded me into who I am today. I know there is a reason for them. I know they have brought me closer to Christ and that it is through him and His Atonement that I am the person that stands here today.

0 comments:
Post a Comment