So sometimes I like to pretend I can paint, and write, so let me just explain this blog real quick (this is the only part you really need to read) This post will be composed of two things. The pictures are pictures of boxes I've painted, Haley said that I should put them up on my blog otherwise she would...so anyways, I think I'll go in order, my earlier ones (and worst) at the top and my most recent (best) at the bottom, my earliest painted boxes were done between ages 12-14ish I guess...and most recent were done over the last few days and weeks.
The paragraphs that I will be putting in between some of the pictures are just random descriptions that I write (to practice my story skills), because sometimes when I think, I think my thoughts and what I'm seeing or experiencing like I'm writing a book or something, so these are just a few examples, so they are totally unrelated from the pictures which is why this post is random as nothing relates to anything on here ;) Oh and descriptions of the boxes will be put in parentheses. :) ENJOY the pics!!! :)
------------

(This star box was my very first box I did when I was 12...yes I know it's horrible :P but don't worry it does get better, I promise! I don't really call this...I guess a painted box cause I just wrote on it after I I did a base coat of paint...)
She heard the click of the door close and turned to see a middle aged man stride to the front of the room. He may have been in his forties or fifties, but his pallor made him seem older. The first thought that popped into her mind was “What happened to his face?” His skin was ashen and bandages were covering the right side of his nose. His appearance seemed sloppy almost, and it was hard to believe for second that this man was her professor. His untucked shirt was much too large for him, and only added to the illusion that he was seriously ill, and worn.




(The heart shaped box I did...I would guess 3 years ago or so...The square pink one I'm guessing 3 1/2 to 4 and the star box I'm guessing 2 1/2 to 3 years ago...)
His hair was almost an orange shade of blond. Stubble covered his chin and upper lip, but his face was young, and the almost orange color of hair giving him the appearance of a preschooler after finishing a bag of cheetos.


(This box I obviously did for Christmas time, I think it was done about two years ago...maybe one?)
He could not be more than thirteen or fourteen years old. She could not imagine what he was doing in a college class. His hair was platinum blond, and glasses framed blue eyes. But he still had that scrawny, uncomfortable look that comes with being a growing boy.


(This box I believe I did about a year ago or so..ish. I don't like the fire that I did on the inside of the box, the one on the outside is much, much better, but hey that's how you learn I guess...)
She watched as the scenery rolled by, and pretended like her life was a movie. Theme music would likely be playing in the background as she stared moodily or dramatically out the window. The drive would be a four second scene instead of hours upon hours of nothing but wide open plains.



(this box is my pride and joy. It is by far my best one I've ever done, and no the trees are not traced)
His head was shaved and there were several clear lines made across his head, looking as if he had just had a recent surgery. He used a crutch to help him walk, making her wonder how many accidents he must’ve had in the past week.

A man came and sat down a seat down from her. He dropped something and swore under his breath, although loudly enough for her to hear him. She was just thinking of how coarse he was when a middle aged woman walked up and explained that was her backpack there and his backpack was taking her seat. "Oh of course! Sorry about that!" he apologized quickly and she immediately regretted her quick judgment of him. A lesson she was often forced to learn almost every day.


(This box I painted for my friend Katelyn as a bday gift, a story book box)
He looked like he was under five foot tall. He was portly and had thick wave of snow white hair. He put on glasses that looked like those ridiculous nerdy ones that are coming back in style, and looked around at the class before smiling.

(This box i finished a few days ago... I didn't mean for it to turn out like this at all...but oh well, it works I guess)
He groaned loudly in pain as the teacher demonstrated to the class how the spine should be aligned. He was easily six foot, and had an athletic build. His body trembled as he struggled to hold the pose correctly for several more seconds before emitting another groan as the teacher made yet another correction.


The music droned on in the background and she suddenly got the feeling again, like she was in a movie. She could see it all now. The taillights of the car in front of her reflected in the rain splattered road. She heard the soft woosh of the car pass, going in the opposite direction, it's tires spraying a small amount of water. (okay this is kinda random, but a few times...It's not always when I'm driving, I feel kinda like I'm in a movie, I can't explain it! Usually it is when I'm driving though, especially in the rain, by myself, and it's ...interesting...perhaps I'm crazy! But I love driving in the rain, it gives everything such a brand new perspective! And the funny thing is almost every time I drive in the rain a song called "I can't stop the rain" starts playing and I don't ever plan it that way, since it's on my CD)


(This box I finished today, one of my story book boxes :D)
Mountains. She was surrounded by them. She felt so trapped and wished she could run as far from them as possible until she greeted the ocean once more. The wide openness of it, the freedom. It never ended. But here, now, there was no way out, no way to get home...
--
Update, since I don't want to create a new post:
Christmas time, and that means time to make boxes! This one i made for one of my best friends, Ariadni. This one was particularly challenging because I had to tape off all the glass (very hard to do on the inside), and then use a toothpick to go around the edges and then scrape off any paint on the glass and then finally get the lettering perfect, with did take quite a bit of time, believe it or not, the end result:

It's simple, but it came out perfect. It's probably one of my favorites that I've done, because when you actually have it in your hands it's SO kool that the sides are glass, it's just so different from anything I've done before!!! :D

And I made this one for my simply amazing friend, Haley! :D Also a little simple, but I think it came out super cute, but I could just be vain...sooooo ...but I think I'm getting better! :D :D Also one of my favorites that I've done :)

Merry Christmas Haley :)


--
Several months later because yet again I don't want to do another post, june 10, 2010. Here are is the box I did for Kirsten Madsen before she left on her mission


Then this one i did for Christina Furner for her birthday! :)


These two I did for Mckynzie and Mckayla Bird for their birthdays! :)


The paragraphs that I will be putting in between some of the pictures are just random descriptions that I write (to practice my story skills), because sometimes when I think, I think my thoughts and what I'm seeing or experiencing like I'm writing a book or something, so these are just a few examples, so they are totally unrelated from the pictures which is why this post is random as nothing relates to anything on here ;) Oh and descriptions of the boxes will be put in parentheses. :) ENJOY the pics!!! :)
------------
(This star box was my very first box I did when I was 12...yes I know it's horrible :P but don't worry it does get better, I promise! I don't really call this...I guess a painted box cause I just wrote on it after I I did a base coat of paint...)
She heard the click of the door close and turned to see a middle aged man stride to the front of the room. He may have been in his forties or fifties, but his pallor made him seem older. The first thought that popped into her mind was “What happened to his face?” His skin was ashen and bandages were covering the right side of his nose. His appearance seemed sloppy almost, and it was hard to believe for second that this man was her professor. His untucked shirt was much too large for him, and only added to the illusion that he was seriously ill, and worn.
(The heart shaped box I did...I would guess 3 years ago or so...The square pink one I'm guessing 3 1/2 to 4 and the star box I'm guessing 2 1/2 to 3 years ago...)
His hair was almost an orange shade of blond. Stubble covered his chin and upper lip, but his face was young, and the almost orange color of hair giving him the appearance of a preschooler after finishing a bag of cheetos.
(This box I obviously did for Christmas time, I think it was done about two years ago...maybe one?)
He could not be more than thirteen or fourteen years old. She could not imagine what he was doing in a college class. His hair was platinum blond, and glasses framed blue eyes. But he still had that scrawny, uncomfortable look that comes with being a growing boy.
(This box I believe I did about a year ago or so..ish. I don't like the fire that I did on the inside of the box, the one on the outside is much, much better, but hey that's how you learn I guess...)
She watched as the scenery rolled by, and pretended like her life was a movie. Theme music would likely be playing in the background as she stared moodily or dramatically out the window. The drive would be a four second scene instead of hours upon hours of nothing but wide open plains.
(this box is my pride and joy. It is by far my best one I've ever done, and no the trees are not traced)
His head was shaved and there were several clear lines made across his head, looking as if he had just had a recent surgery. He used a crutch to help him walk, making her wonder how many accidents he must’ve had in the past week.
A man came and sat down a seat down from her. He dropped something and swore under his breath, although loudly enough for her to hear him. She was just thinking of how coarse he was when a middle aged woman walked up and explained that was her backpack there and his backpack was taking her seat. "Oh of course! Sorry about that!" he apologized quickly and she immediately regretted her quick judgment of him. A lesson she was often forced to learn almost every day.

(This box I painted for my friend Katelyn as a bday gift, a story book box)
He looked like he was under five foot tall. He was portly and had thick wave of snow white hair. He put on glasses that looked like those ridiculous nerdy ones that are coming back in style, and looked around at the class before smiling.
(This box i finished a few days ago... I didn't mean for it to turn out like this at all...but oh well, it works I guess)
He groaned loudly in pain as the teacher demonstrated to the class how the spine should be aligned. He was easily six foot, and had an athletic build. His body trembled as he struggled to hold the pose correctly for several more seconds before emitting another groan as the teacher made yet another correction.
The music droned on in the background and she suddenly got the feeling again, like she was in a movie. She could see it all now. The taillights of the car in front of her reflected in the rain splattered road. She heard the soft woosh of the car pass, going in the opposite direction, it's tires spraying a small amount of water. (okay this is kinda random, but a few times...It's not always when I'm driving, I feel kinda like I'm in a movie, I can't explain it! Usually it is when I'm driving though, especially in the rain, by myself, and it's ...interesting...perhaps I'm crazy! But I love driving in the rain, it gives everything such a brand new perspective! And the funny thing is almost every time I drive in the rain a song called "I can't stop the rain" starts playing and I don't ever plan it that way, since it's on my CD)
(This box I finished today, one of my story book boxes :D)
Mountains. She was surrounded by them. She felt so trapped and wished she could run as far from them as possible until she greeted the ocean once more. The wide openness of it, the freedom. It never ended. But here, now, there was no way out, no way to get home...
--
Update, since I don't want to create a new post:
Christmas time, and that means time to make boxes! This one i made for one of my best friends, Ariadni. This one was particularly challenging because I had to tape off all the glass (very hard to do on the inside), and then use a toothpick to go around the edges and then scrape off any paint on the glass and then finally get the lettering perfect, with did take quite a bit of time, believe it or not, the end result:
It's simple, but it came out perfect. It's probably one of my favorites that I've done, because when you actually have it in your hands it's SO kool that the sides are glass, it's just so different from anything I've done before!!! :D
And I made this one for my simply amazing friend, Haley! :D Also a little simple, but I think it came out super cute, but I could just be vain...sooooo ...but I think I'm getting better! :D :D Also one of my favorites that I've done :)
Merry Christmas Haley :)
--
Several months later because yet again I don't want to do another post, june 10, 2010. Here are is the box I did for Kirsten Madsen before she left on her mission
Then this one i did for Christina Furner for her birthday! :)
These two I did for Mckynzie and Mckayla Bird for their birthdays! :)

6 comments:
Wow-wee! I had no idea this was one of your talents! They're really cool!
That fire one looks like it's 3D! Crazy!
I think my favorite is the Carpe Diem one as well. Great colors. Makes me think Lion King--great movie!
Do you buy the boxes and then design them? Or do you start from scratch?
I do not start from scratch, now that would really take way too much time! It takes me hours and hours to paint them, so yeah doing that, I wouldn't have the patience for. I buy them from Michaels.
Haha that's exactly what my friend said about the African one. I sent her the pic and she was like "that looks like a scene out of the Lion king!" It's a good movie, but too sad :(
Thanks so much! They've taken quite a bit of work to get them this good ^^
Oh wait I guess I should find out which talent you're referring to before I say thanks, if the paintings then 'thank you' but if you're referring to the writing then I say "thank you so very much, you win a prize!" ;)
A prize? A PRIZE?! I choose whichever talent gets me more brownie points. Both if you prefer. ;)
Sincerely,
The Teacher's Pet
Hey! I still have my box you gave me! :D
oh Breanna, that was so long ago!!! I'm sure it wasn't very good!
Post a Comment