Let it Go

>

You say let it go, you say let it go. You say life is waiting for the ones who lose control. You say you will be everything I need. You say if I lose my life it's then I find my soul. You say let it go.

I feel like this song is constantly running through my head and has been for the last few months. I think slowly, but surely, I'm starting to hand over bits and pieces of my life over to Him. It's taken me a while and it still will take me a bit longer I think but I'm thankful for my Father's patience with me.

This fall and looking ahead to future plans I've realized that life is not going to follow my plan. At first I was quite upset with this realization. Like when a small chinese child is upset with you for taking away one of their stars for bad behavior (trust me, they get extremely upset). I kind of feel that way. Like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. One sunday, feeling rather defeated I wrote this:

My heart is in your hands
My soul is yours to keep
I'm beyond my most utter defeat
I'm pleading, on my knees
My heart is pounding and I can hardly breathe
Please take me
And make me more like thee


I know now that even though it's hard, even though it may not be what we originally want or expect out life, I know that Heavenly Father's plans will make us happiest if we willingly follow his guidance. I think back to a dream I had this last summer that wasn't just a weird crazy dream, but it was something that emphasized to me that we don't need to worry about our happiness if we're following the inspiration God gives us to be where we are supposed to. Even though it's may not be our plan. This can be an upsetting thing (well it was for me at first anyways). And it may be hard. But then again life isn't meant to be easy. It's important to remember that this life is a test. It's not meant to be easy, and you're not going to get your piece of cake and eat it in this life. That's what the next life is for and often I forget that.

I bear testimony though that He will not abandon us and that if we act obediently on the inspiration to where we're supposed to be in this life, we'll be blessed for it and be able to reach more of our eternal potential in doing so for He wants us to grow, to be pushed and develop into that eternal god or goddess. I'm so thankful for opportunities he gives us to trust in Him. To try my faith because I know it's for my benefit.


"You say if I lose my life it's then I find my soul. You say let it go"


"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
D&C 6:36

1 comments:

Tairsa said...

Thanks for you heartfelt words. It's great to hear from your blog again. I've missed you and I should probably email you,but I've been a slacker. Wishing you the best and talk to you soon!

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here