Life Lessons

Reflecting back on the last week, month, and year...I've learned SO much! In every single aspect of my life and I love it! Were the lessons hard? Did they hurt at times? Were they incredibly painful and difficult? Why yes! Indeed they were! Do I look back and love every single moment of it though? Heck yes! This song can do a good summation:



So while I'm in the mood for sharing life lessons... I've learned some things that may appear obvious but can be taught to you in ways you don't expect. It's very, very important to know and understand where you stand, and what you stand for and what you are not willing to stand for. You have to be confident in yourself and be firm with the Lord on your side!

I can't emphasize how important this is, to have confidence in yourself. I'm often easy to persuade on some matters (those of you who've seen me attempt to resist chocolate are aware of this). However, I've learned that sometimes it doesn't matter what other people think. What matters is...what do I think? What do I believe? (Not saying that others opinions aren't incredibly important, because they are). But I'm aware of how I'm feeling and that I don't need to always crumble, I can stand for myself, and for my God! At all times!

Lately I've been realizing the difference of one. The difference of me! It surprises me because I see how incredible some people are and how influential friends are in my life and I wish I could be more like them. It astounds me when I find that they feel the same way about me. I honestly can't believe it. But the funny thing is, they can't believe it when I say all the exact same things about them. Sometimes we don't see our own worth for what it is. I can make a difference. You can make a difference!
Something that I've relearned...is to always be me! It comes naturally! As Cristobal advised me...let it come naturally!


We can all do small and simple things each day that make a huge difference not only in the lives of others, but in our own. By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass. Every time i hear that scripture I'm amazed because it applies to hundreds of situations! I love it! You can make a difference with the small things, as Elder Holland said this last conference, "A thousand mile journey begins with a single step. So watch your step." Sometimes it's incredibly difficult to make that first step and just go, but you can do it! I can do it!



I dare you to move! You can do it!

I love it!

Because guess what, I can do anything! Anything I want! If I want to do it, and I put my mind to it, then I can! Isn't it wonderful, to feel like this? That you can be anything you want! Do anything you put your mind to! Or become whoever you want to be?!
It's wonderful!

You guys, some of my songs can put it so much better than me. We were meant to live for so much more! And I can do it!



It seems the more I learn and the longer I live the more music expresses me. Hope it's not blasphemy to combine gospel principles with rock songs!
Signing off with random tangents,
Love,
Elizabeth!


Special thanks and love to all my friends who've been the greatest blessing in my life! I can never fully express my thanks!

2 comments:

Tairsa said...

I love you Elizabeth! You are such a cutie! I am so glad you love the lessons you've learned. The hardest things in life are the things you grow from the most. Thanks for sharing these wonderful songs!!

Mrs. Darcy said...

Thanks chica!
Life is wonderful!
Living life with confidence is even better! :D

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here